Thursday, July 12, 2007

Visiting Pluto...and a big decision

I got the opportunity to visit Spoonbill and Sugartown, a new and used art booksotre in Williamsburg.  Considering how rarely I ever go there, it always feels like a foreign country, where everything is somehow...different...and you can't figure out what it is.

I also made the decision, after talking with a friend, to make the bookstore a for-profit venture, as the reasons why I was doing it were swinging much further in that direction.  It had previously been a hard decision to make, and I had been avoiding committing to it, but once it was clear why I was making the decision, it fell into place without effort.  In addition, I have the capability to create a seperate non-profit that could work alongside the bookstore and still acheive the mission - so in essense, i could have both.  thanks to Marc at Twenty Feet Productions.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm glad things are starting to come together for you! You sound really excited about the project, and that's wonderful.