Thursday, July 5, 2007

Keeping in communication....

Now I understand why companies are more than one person - and the futility of the "i can do this by myself" mentality...granted, doing something on your own is an accomplishment in and of itself that should be lauded - and to see if you can "fly solo" is both a test of strength and focus...but in order to have the support of a community, you need to invite others to play with you. Whether it be to allow yourslef to rest, to play people's strengths, to delegate work you don't want to others, to bring in new perspectives...so much more is possible when you really want to make a difference.

Next up: meeting this weekend with Andy Laties, the author of Rebel Bookseller himself. and tomorrow, I call the number that has been posted on the facade of the place I want the store to be...to see what it'll mean financially, and geographically.

And an accomplishment: if all goes well, this blog will be made fully public in the next day. it has already been mentioned in a post I wrote on Astorians, a community forum, and If i can get the word out tonight on e-mail, will be part of the NYC bloggers network.

In the next post, I'll be starting to describe more specifically what we're up to. expect something new Saturday night or Sunday morning.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Matthew, I had no idea you had a blog until I got your e-mail. I'll be happy to link your blog to mine, dear, and good luck with the bookstore!

Unknown said...

nice going! a-town really needs this.