Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A clarification...

In the previous post, I was responding to posts ( albeit posts that were a year old ) regarding a property that Molly and I are considering to buy into, and I was somewhat perturbed by a post that that had no firsthand knowledge of the place that they were referring to...

However, the title of the post was "Why Astoria will never be cool...", using the new building and the renovation, which, on it's backside, is quite a bit out of place in comparison to the front side - and that the renovation failed to retain the aged sensibility of the industrial building, which is a hallmark for NYC lofts - the cool factor.  Could the building have been renovated in a hipper fashion? Of course...but cool will and has always changed.  I will sacrifice cool if it means that I could sell the place in a few years for a huge profit.  Or to be happy with where I'm living...

On the book front, both of us bought books on mortgages that will get that doe-eyed look off our face in regards to the whole process...

1 comment:

Jen said...

Having just bought a house, mortgages can be scary, but also remarkably liberating, too. It's so nice to know that the money I'm paying each month goes to OWNING my little slice of rural heaven. And I can paint the walls any damn colour I please. *grin*